The Overland Track
Our previous Brisbane holiday can be found here.
Melbourne Cup Weekend in 2004 Nadine and I went to
and decided we should aim for a good hike somewhere. Almost a year later to the day, we were hiking
The Overland Track in Tasmania for 9 days.
- The Company: Tim, Nadine and Terry Potter
- The Accidental Company: We were surprised to see some good family friends at the first hut! Jenny and Neil Taylor.
- Tim Scaling Cradle Mountain
- Start of Day 3, Tim noticed his backpack shoulder strap was broken.
- Beautiful weather when all three of us scaled Mount Ossa
- Pine Forest Moors in abysmal wet/windy weather.
- Drama when a group we were sharing huts with turned up with one member having a broken wrist - halfway through the hike.
- Near mutiny from hike leader (Tim) as rain set in on Day 7.
- Serenity of Echo Point Hut
- Drama of our bus driver (Simon) getting the days wrong and not coming until I had rung him up. Then the necessary rush for the aeroplane.